We follow similar rules to the successful Rollapaluza group in the UK.
- Both bikes shall be identical, same gearing, same tyre pressure. We run 44 x 14 (84.9″) gearing.
- Both bikes are fixed wheel, ie. no coasting.
- Riders will mount/dismount to the outside of each bike to avoid damaging the wiring.
- Don’t pedal backwards! Physics dictates even one backward revolution will slide the back wheel off the roller.
- During qualifying rounds times count, not victories. Top 8 men’s times and top 4 women’s (dependent on entry numbers) will go through to quarter/semi-finals respectively.
- Riders will be given ample time to adjust saddle height/warm up before racing.
- Each bike will have an attendant to ensure stability and to encourage/assist the riders.
- Your MC will start the race. “3, 2, 1, go!’. You may also watch the screen and watch the lights go out, similar to drag racing.
- Races will generally be run over 500 metres.